This is the second recipe I have made from Best-Ever: 500
Simply Delicious Recipes cookbook by Bay Books. It was a very simple recipe. I
have since learned it is more traditionally a vegetarian dish. The plan is to
sometime make that version. I have made this twice with beef and once with
chicken.
Madras Beef Curry in pan
With the name and some research I found out it was based on
various Indian dishes using the Madras
curry paste. In India
the vegetarian version is more common. Outside India the meat version is more common.
The name was invented by British restaurants making Indian cuisine.
The first trick was to find Madras curry paste. I found some without
additives at a Korean/Asian market in Tigard ,
Oregon called H-Mart. It is beef
stock/ broth, tomato paste, onion, and meat. I substituted chicken broth/stock
for beef when making the chicken version. It has a good low medium heat to it.
I have served it with both basmati and jasmine rice.
Madras Beef Curry on the plate with Basmati Rice


Simple yet exquisite , Sprinkled with a bit of cilantro to complete the aesthetics of the dish...Great Job Chef Rick
ReplyDelete