This is the second recipe I made from 1000 Mexican Recipes
by Marge Poore. I had heard of gazpacho. It is a traditional Spanish dish. It
is a cold tomato soup. This had a Mexican twist to it with jalapeños and spicy
tomato juice plus cilantro and lime as garnishes.
Having grown up with Mexican cuisine, I have been seriously
curious about Spanish cuisine, Caribbean
cuisines, and Latin American cuisines other than Mexican. I wanted to see what
else was out there. With places like Hilda’s in Eugene and Cocina Del Sol in
Tualatin I got some exposure.
Gazpacho Mexicano
This dish includes tomatoes, spicy tomato juice, onion,
cucumber, celery, salt, red wine vinegar, jalapeños, garlic, and olive oil. I
could not find spicy tomato juice, so I used a teaspoon of Valentina’s hot
sauce and a ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder. This dish is also garnished with
lime wedges and cilantro.
No comments:
Post a Comment