This is the first recipe write-up where I present more than
one recipe. Chicken adobo and Pork adobo were essentially the same recipe, but
with different proteins. First is the Quaker Oats meatloaf. I rarely use recipes
from various food products any more. This recipe has a long and storied history
with me. This is the recipe my mom used. It uses rolled oats as its filler.
Some meatloaves use crackers, bread, croutons, or bread crumbs. I like the oat
or oatmeal version. Plus with the family wheat issues, it is just a better
choice for us.
I started making this in Junior High, which is when most of
my longest running recipes started for me. It is a fairly simple recipe. When I
was with m ex, Barbara, we made meatloaf in her family’s recipe which used
crackers, preferably saltines. So when I decided to make meatloaf again I
wanted my old recipe. I made it on July 21, 2015 . I glazed it with some catsup and voila my
old version was back again.
Meatloaf & Colcannon
When I was trying to find a side dish to got with the
meatloaf I wanted a potato dish. I also wanted more vegetables than just
potatoes. In my Frugal Gourmet on Our Immigrant Ancestors cookbook I found
Irish colcannon. It combines potatoes with leeks and kale. I had not made this
before, and with how popular kale has become as of late, I thought I should
give it a try.
I made it with the Quaker Oats meatloaf. I was missing mace,
the spice, I found out use 4 times the amount in nutmeg to equal mace. That is
also a cheaper way of doing things. All and all this combination was seriously
tasty and successful.
Quaker Oats Prize-Winning Meatloaf

Wow, simply marvelous , Great Job Chef Rick
ReplyDelete